Mahdi Mohebbi / 마흐디 모헤비
Office: Academic Building B622
2013, Ph.D., in Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
2007, M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
2003, B.S., Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- 2015–Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York(SUNY) Korea
- 2013–2015, Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Pittsburgh
- Fluid Mechanics
- Partial Differential Equations
- Dynamical Systems
- Heat Transfer
- Inverse Problems
My research involves mathematical physics with current emphasis on the problems of fluid-structure interaction and heat transfer; In particular, the phenomenon of resonance in multi-physics problems and its role in energy harvesting and biomedical applications.
- G. P. Galdi, G. Mazzone and M. Mohebbi, On the Motion of a Liquid-Filled Rigid Body Subject to a Time-Periodic Torque, In Recent Developments of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, pp 233–255, Birkhäuser Basel, 2016.
- G. P. Galdi, M. Mohebbi, R. Zakerzadeh, P. Zunino, Hyperbolic-Parabolic Coupling and the Occurrence of Resonance in Partially Dissipative Systems, In Fluid-Structure Interaction and Biomedical Applications, pp 197–256, Springer Basel, 2014.
- M. Mohebbi and J. C. Oliveira, Existence of Time-Periodic Solutions for a Magnetoelastic System in Bounded Domains, J. Elasticity. (133) 1, pp 113–133, 2013.
- M. Mohebbi, On the Embedding of the Attractor Generated by Navier-Stokes Equations into Finite Dimensional Spaces, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (141), pp 3453–3465, 2013.
MEC 203: Engineering Graphics and CAD
MEC 214: Probability and Statistics for Mechanical Engineers