Jongseong Brad Choi / 최종성
Office: Academic Building B625
2020, Ph.D., Purdue University, Mechanical Engineering
2014, M.S., University of Mississippi, Mechanical Engineering
2012, B.S., University of Mississippi, Mechanical Engineering
- 2020 – Pres, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SUNY Korea, Incheon, South Korea
- 2020 – Pres, Research Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SUNY Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
- 2014 – 2020, Research Assistant, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
- 2018 – 2019, Research Associate, Resilient ExtraTerrestrial Habitats Institute, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
- 2012 – 2014, Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Mississippi, University, MS, USA
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
- Big Data and Fusion
- Aerial Manipulation
- Hypersonic Propulsion
Dr. Choi has been working on many pioneering research projects spanning both engineering mechanics and computer vision supported by NSF (National Science Foundation), NASA, EU (European Union). Much of his work focuses on automating structural health monitoring procedures via visual analytics, mainly through handling big visual data, machine-learning techniques, and aerial manipulations. He redirected and published algorithms for various engineering mechanics applications exploiting computer vision techniques such as Structure-from-Motion (SfM), Multiview geometry, and deep learning. In addition, he has made contributions to the area of propulsion and compressible flow. With the experience, his current research aims to develop smart city applications and automated systems.
- Jongseong Choi & Shirley J. Dyke (2020), CrowdLIM: Crowdsourcing to Enable Lifecycle Infrastructure Management. Computers in Industry, 115, 103185.
- Jongseong Choi, Chul Min Yeum, Shirley J. Dyke, & Mohammad J. Jahanshahi (2018), Computer-aided approach for rapid post-event visual evaluation of a building façade. Sensors, 18(9), 3017
- Chul Min Yeum, Jongseong Choi, & Shirley J. Dyke. (2018), Automated region-of-interest localization and classification for vision-based visual assessment of civil infrastructure. Structural Health Monitoring, 1475921718765419.
- Chul Min Yeum, Jongseong Choi, & Shirley J. Dyke (2017), Autonomous image localization for visual inspection of civil infrastructure. Smart Materials and Structures, 26(3), 035051.
- Xiaoyu Liu, Shirley J. Dyke, Chul Min Yeum, Ilias Bilionis, Ali Lenjani, & Jongseong Choi (2020), Automated Indoor Image Localization to Support Post-Event Building Assessment. Sensors, 20(6), 1610.
- Ali Lenjani, Shirley J. Dyke, Ilias Bilionis, Chul Min Yeum, Kenzo Kamiya, Jongseong Choi, Xiaoyu Liu, & Arindam G. Chowdhury (2020), Towards fully automated post-event data collection and analysis: pre-event and post-event information fusion. Engineering Structure, 109884.
- Jeffrey A. Roux, Jongseong Choi, & Neerad Shakya (2014), Parametric scramjet cycle analysis for nonideal mass flow rate. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 28(1), 166-171.
- Jeffrey A. Roux, Neerad Shakya, & Jongseong Choi (2013), Scramjet: minimum thrust-specific fuel consumption with material limit. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 27(2), 367-368.
- Jeffrey A. Roux, Neerad Shakya, & Jongseong Choi (2012), Revised parametric ideal scramjet cycle analysis. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 27(1), 178-183.