Y. Eugene Pak / 박유근
Office: Academic Building B623
1985, Ph.D., Stanford University, Mechanical Engineering
1982, M.S., Stanford University, Mechanical Engineering
1980, B.S., State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Mechanical Engineering
- 2019–Present, Teaching Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SUNY Korea
- 2019-Present, Partner/Startup Mentor, S Cubic Angels
- 2009–2018, Director, Institute of Nano Convergence, Advanced Institute of Convergence Technology, Seoul National University
- 2005–2009, Vice President, CTO Office, Samsung Electronics
- 2001–2004, BioMEMS Technology Leader, Biotechnology Team, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
- 1996–2001, Director, Micro Systems Lab, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
- 1994–1995, Research Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stony Brook University
- 1985–1994, Senior Researcher, Applied Mechanics Group, Grumman Aerospace Corporate Research Center
- MEC 101: Freshman Design Innovation
- MEC 260: Engineering Statics
- MEC 262: Engineering Dynamics
- MEC 410: Design of Machine Elements
- MEC 440: Mechanical Engineering Design
- MEC 455: Applied Stress Analysis
- MEC 536: Mechanics of Solids
- MEC 541: Elasticity
Representative Research Grants:
- NRF of Korea: “Electroelastic Modeling of Flexoelectric Devices and Defect Mechanics Research,” PI, KRW 137,500,000, 2020.06.01~2023.02.28, (33 months).
- NRF of Korea: “The development of defect mechanics-based multi-scale simulation techniques for reliability of high performance electronic devices in extreme environments,” PI, KW 500,000,000, 2014.7.1~ 2019.06.30 (60 months).
- NRF of Korea: “The Development of Mechanics Analysis Models and Quantitative Estimation of Optoelectronic Performance for Improvement of Quantum Dot LED,” PI, KW 150,000,000, 2016.11.01~ 2019.10.31 (36 months).
- NRF of Korea: “Prediction of Defects and Performance in Electronic Materials by Cosmic Radiation,” Participating Researcher, KW 220,000,000, 2017.04.01~2020.03.31 (36 months).
- NRF of Korea: “Korea-India Joint Network Center for Computational Material Science,” Participating Researcher, KW 180,000,000, 2017.12.15~2020.12.14 (36 Months).
- Invisible Inc.: “Stability Study of Fire Fighting Drone,” Industry Grant for Senior Design Project, KRW 11,000,000, 2019.07.01~2019.12.31 (6 months).
Representative Publications: [Google Scholar Link]
- Mishra, D., Yoon, S., Seo, Y., and Pak, Y. E., “Analytical solutions of electroelastic fields in piezoelectric thin-film multilayer: Applications to piezoelectric sensors and actuators,” Acta Mechanica, Jan. 4, 2020.
- Seo, Y., Jung, G.-J., Kim, I.-H., Pak, Y. E., “Configurational Forces on Elastic Line Singularities,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 85, 2018.
- Mishra, D., Lee, S. H., Seo, Y., Pak, Y. E., “Modeling of stresses and electric fields in piezoelectric multilayer: Application to multi quantum wells,” AIP Advances, Vol. 7, p. 075306, 2017.
- Yang, J., Pak, Y. E., Lee, T.-R., “Predicting bifurcation angle effect on blood flow in the microvasculature,” Microvascular Research, Vol. 108, pp. 22~28, July 4, 2016.
- Mishra, D., Pak, Y. E., “Electroelastic fields for a piezoelectric threading dislocation in various growth orientations of gallium nitride,” European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids, Vol. 61, pp. 279~292, September 30, 2016.
- Seo, S. Y., Yoo, S. S., Mishra, D., Park, S.-H., Pak, Y. E., “Exact piezoelectric solution for misfitted inclusion in finite spherical matrix: Applications to quantum dot core/shell crystals,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 94-95, pp. 158~169, May 10, 2016.
- Park, S.-H., Pak, Y. E., Park, C. Y., Mishra, D., Yoo, S.-H., Cho, Y.-H., Shim, M., and Kim, S., “Quaternary AlInGaN/InGaN quantum well on vicinal c-plane substrate for high emission intensity of green wavelengths,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 117, p. 185707, 2015.
- Mishra, D., Cho, Y.-H., Shim, M.-B., Hwang, S., Kim, S., Park, C. Y., Yoo, S.-H., Park, S.-H., Pak, Y. E., “Effect of piezoelectricity on critical thickness for misfit dislocation formation at InGaN/GaN interface,” Computational Materials Science, Vol. 97, pp. 254–262, 2015.
- Seo, S. Y., Mishra, D., Park, C. Y., Yoo, S. H., Pak, Y. E., “Energy Release Rates for a Misffited Spherical Inclusion under Far-Field Mechanical and Uniform Thermal Loads,” European Journal of Mechanics A/Solid,Vol. 49, pp. 169-182, 2015.
- Park, S.-H., Cho, Y.-H., Shim, M.-B., Kim, S., Park, C. Y., Pak, Y. E., Mishra, D., Yoo, S.-H., Kang, K., “Effects of Crystal Orientation on the Optical Gain Characteristics of Blue AlInGaN-InGaN Quantum-well Structures,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, Vol. 65, No. 4, pp. 457~461, August 2014.
- Park, S.-H., Mishra, D., Pak, Y. E., Kang K., Park, C. Y., Yoo, S.-H., Cho , Y.-H., Shim, M.-B., and Kim, S., “Polarization Characteristics of Semipolar (112-2) InGaN/GaN Quantum Well Structures Grown on Relaxed InGaN Substrate and Comparison with Experiment,” Optics Express, Vol. 22, No. S4, pp. A1023-A1152, June 30, 2014.
- Lee, M. H., Lee, J. H., Kim, H. M., Kim, Y. R., Jeon, T. J., Pak, Y. E., Kim, K. B., “Leakage Current in a Si-based Nanopore Structure and its Influence on Noise Characteristics,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol. 16, No. 1-2, pp. 123-130, 2014.
- Park, J.-M., Chun, H., Pak, Y. E., Park, B.-G., and Lee, J.-H., Pak, Y. E., “Parameter Modeling for Nanopore Ionic FETs in 3-D Device Simulation,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 14, pp. 8171–8175, 2014.