ME Department Vision Statement
Our vision is to be the preeminent American Mechanical Engineering Program in East Asia
ME Mission Statements
The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department is to
- provide an ABET-accredited program for undergraduate education that prepares students for a career in mechanical engineering and related fields;
- provide graduate education and research opportunities for students and practicing engineers;
- perform cutting-edge research and provide technology transfer to regional and national industries
ME Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of mechanical engineers.
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced studies if they so desire.
- Graduates will pursue leadership positions globally in their professions.
ME Student Outcomes
The mechanical engineering faculty has adopted the engineering criteria “1” through “7” student outcomes, namely:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
ME Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
As of March 16, 2020
- Excluding students who are on leave.
Accreditation of engineering programs ensures that the programs produce graduates who are prepared to meet the expectations of employers, the public or pursue further study in engineering or other fields The Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering) program at SUNY Korea is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) , www.abet.org