ME Department Vision Statement
Our vision is to be the preeminent American Mechanical Engineering Program in East Asia
ME Mission Statements
The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department is to
- provide an ABET-accredited program for undergraduate education that prepares students for a career in mechanical engineering and related fields;
- provide graduate education and research opportunities for students and practicing engineers;
- perform cutting-edge research and provide technology transfer to regional and national industries
ME Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of mechanical engineers.
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced studies if they so desire.
- Graduates will pursue leadership positions globally in their professions.
ME Student Outcomes
The mechanical engineering faculty has adopted the engineering criteria “1” through “7” student outcomes, namely:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
ME Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
As of March 16, 2020
- Excluding students who are on leave.